Below is the principal letter updating parents on the start of school for HIAT.
On Friday July 31, 2020, the board and Phalen Leadership Academies approved for our scholars starting school virtually for the FIRST QUARTER (August 17-October 22) and then transition into the previously communicated hybrid model after Fall Break (October 23rd-October 26th).
The First Week of School students will attend in-person class to get their technology to use during virtual learning, meet their teachers, and get trained on Blackboard (Which is the platform that we are using to provide live instruction to scholars).
· August 10th and August 11th Group A scholars ONLY will attend a full day of school 7:45 AM -3:30 PM
· August 12th and August 13th Group B Scholars ONLY will attend a full day of school 7:45 AM- 3:30 PM
· August 14th There will be NO SCHOLARS in the building. Teachers will train virtual scholars on Blackboard.
· BUS SERVICE will be provided August 10th-August 13th.
· A survey will be sent to Kindergarten parents only regarding bus service starting August 17th.
****Parent who chose not to send their students to school at all, can come to school the week of August 10th- August 13th to pick up technology****